What you will know as a Christian according to Paul.
1. A Christian Knows Where He is Going
a. Introduce Philippians
i. Paul was in prison.
ii. He was near the end of his life so he was wiser.
iii. He knew that death meant seeing Jesus.
b. How did you feel when Rev. Frist said you were going to die?
i. Did you think “This is depressing?”
ii. Did you think “YES, I can’t wait?”
iii. Paul couldn’t wait to be with Jesus.
1. Philippians 1:21-26
2. “I desire to depart and be with Christ.”
2. A Christian Knows Why He is Still Here
a. If Paul knew death would bring him closer to Jesus, why didn’t he just kill himself?
b. If we know that if we died right now, we would be with Jesus, why are we still alive?
c. We still have a purpose here on earth.
i. “But it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.”
ii. We are still alive because God wants to use us to help others know him.
1. Our goal in life is not to get a high SAT score, it is to share Christ with those who don’t know him.
3. A Christian Knows What is Valuable
a. This goal doesn’t make sense unless you know what is valuable and that is Jesus Christ.
i. Are you in love with Jesus?
ii. People do crazy things when they are in love.
b. Paul knew that his relationship with Christ was the most valuable thing he possessed and nobody could take that away from him.
c. Philippians 3:8-9
i. Knowing what is truly valuable makes you invincible.
4. A Christian Knows His Ability to hurt the Gospel
a. You have the power to hurt the Gospel.
b. Philippians 3:17-19
c. Tell high school story.
d. Don’t be like my “Christian” friends in high school. Be like my Christian friends in college.
e. Remember, you don’t belong here. Philippians 3:20-21
1. You know where you are going. (Philippians 1:20-24)
2. You know why you are still here (Philippians 1:25-26)
3. You know what's valuable. (Philippians 3:7-9)
4. You know your ability to hurt the Gospel. (Philippians 3:17-19)
2. 應曉得你為何還活著 (腓一:25-26)
2. 應曉得價值觀 (腓三:7-9)
5. 應曉得你可能損壞福音 (腓三:17-19)